The best food
Your Bento at AnimeCon
A Taste of Japanese Whisky
Catering, Food Workshops, Tastings and the Maid Cafés... Taste Japan at AnimeCon!
At AnimeCon, you can experience Japanese culture through all five senses, taste included. Visit a maid or butler cafe during the busy festival hours or grab a quick bite to eat. You can also make your own snacks at one of our food workshops. We also have sake and whisky tastings with authentic Japanese drinks.
The three catering areas
The Horeca Plaza is where you enter the festival, but in 2022 we noticed that this area was too small for the number of stands and this year we have almost double the number of caterers! So this year we expanded the area for catering: a lot of new stands will be outside and - walking along through the garden and the parking space - in the "Bakkerij 2" hall.
So grab a bite to eat and something to drink at one of the food stands. From fresh bubble tea, shaved ice to fresh Asian hot meals, AnimeCon has got you covered. For years AnimeCon prides itself by having a variety of tastes of some of the best Japanese foods and drinks. Between our selections you will find not only traditional flavours, but also newly inspired foods. Do you have special dietary wishes or needs, don't worry, you will find that many of the stands cater also to your needs, including Western food and vegan meals.
From the Horeca Plaza you can also go out into the garden where you will find more caterers and can relax in the sun and walk on to Bakkerij 2 to find even more caterers.
If you'd rather like to learn how to make the most exquisite flavours of Japan yourself, then AnimeCon typically hosts different Japanese food workshops. This year we have moved these workshops to a tent in front of Bakkerij 2, among all the new caterers.
In addition to the Food Court we also have two Maid Cafes and a Butler Café in Bakkerij 2 where you will be welcomed in Japanese style by maids and butlers. Including the opportunity to have you picture taken with them.
Of course you are also welcome to go there just to pick up some food and drinks.
Yearly Japanese Whisky tastings are hosted by our chairman, Niels. Under his care you will taste some of the best flavours Japanese whisky has to offer. Of course, Japan is also known for their own rice based drink: Sake, which you will be able to learn about under the guidance of our friends of sake.nl. Want some gin or beer or relax during a tea ceremony? We've got you covered!
You can't walk around a convention for a weekend without refueling every now and then. We offer almost double the number of caterers this year, which is why we had to split the caterers among three locations.
The Horeca Plaza
Directly behind the entrance is the first catering area in the aptly named Horeca Plaza. In 2022 it was very busy in this area, so this year this is only the first of three catering area's with more caterers placed outside the Horeca Plaza so you have space to sit inside the plaza.
- Gendai Sake: at the bar you will not only find Western soft drinks and beers, but also Japanese beers, sake, whisky and soft drinks.
- KIKABA: Kibbi's Kawaii Bakery offers cakes, cookies and sweets .
- Kotobuki: for your original Japanese curry, okonomiyaki, takoyaki, karaage, udon, sweets and drinks.
- Momiji Sushi: this year with not just sushi, but Korean chicken as well.
- Shokunin Spirit: A new team, offering you healthy meals and snacks.
- Spherebay: Our friends from Germany provide you with bubble tea and taiyaki again.
- De Broodfabriek: has two sales corners offering sandwiches, snacks and fries for anyone who is in need of a quick European bite.
The catering outside
De Broodfabriek has a nice and relaxed garden next to the Horeca Plaza and further more we utilized the space between the Horeca Plaza and Bakkerij 2 to create a second route to reach "Bakkerij 2". Not only does this avoid a bottleneck that troubled us in 2022, it also gave us space for extra caterers and extra seating.
- Naruto Streetfood: Naruto offers a wide ramen selection and Japanese drinks.
- Honkies: the vegan caterer with sushi, ramen and samurai burgers as well as Japanese beer and soda.
- Label7: Japanese soft ice.
- Poffenier: takoyaki 'Amsterdam style', taste this iconic Japanese street food with a Dutch twist.
- The Korean Town: Korean street food.
We changed the arrangement of facilities in De Broodfabriek this year. In Bakkerij 2 at the location where the Game room was in 2022, we now have catering and the Exp Plaza. The Game Room moved to where the Dealer Room used to be and the Dealer Room makes use of all the space we have in Bakkerij 1.
As a result we have a huge area in Bakkerij 2 that will be used for catering and (s)eating.
- Honkies: the vegan caterer with more sushi, ramen and samurai burgers as well as Japanese beer and soda.
- InfiniTea: bubble tea, cakes and Japanese finger food. At certain times you can also be served by the maids of Sparkling Potpourri or the butlers of Royal Roulette.
- Kare Curry: This caterer comes all the way from France with delicious curry and onigiri.
- Neko Neko Ni: the maid cafe Neko Neko Ni serves drinks, cakes and sweets but you can also visit them for a curry bento, sushi, donburi or Korean bites.
- Nguyen: Takoyaki, Korean chicken, dried fruit.
- Okini: Enjoy an authentic Japanese sandwich.
- Osaka Cooking: yakisoba, both chicken and vegan.
- Troy's Shaved ice and catering: for cooling shaved ice (with alcohol optionally), filled crepes and yakitori.
- De Broodfabriek: offers sandwiches, snacks and fries for anyone who is in need of a quick European bite.
Paid workshops and tastings
You need an extra ticket for most food workshops and tastings to cover the materials used. Tickets will be for sale online on each page and this page (below) starting on Sunday the 7th of May 14:00 until the tickets are sold out or 30 minutes before the workshop/tasting starts. If any tickets are left then we will sell them at the location of the tasting / workshop.
We no longer have a separate counter at the festival for purchase of food tickets. All pre-sales occurs online.